Pages

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sweet Note from A Mum..

The following writing is belongs to Wardina Saffiyah..i hope she don't mind when i copy this note from her facebook and paste here. It is a  sweet writing from the desk of a mother who tried her best to be a gud mum. i luv to read this.. and i think it is gud to share with u readers..

31st of July - A Morning Unlike Other

On the kitchen table i sat with Amna - i talked about her being 7! Yes today! "Amna" her father asked, do you know what you have to do when you are 7? "Yes" said Amna, "fast". "Yes, i answered and Solat sayang" "Amna have to start praying 5 times a day, and never miss your prayers" Her father replied "Amna teman Ummi solat all the time ok".I n the Quran Rasullulah said that when a child reaches 7, they have to pray.

"Do you know why we have to solat Amna"? i asked. "To be a good muslim" says Amna. hmmm, i thought sangat text book answer.... "Why do we need to be a good Muslim?", i question her.


To please Allah. Because Allah created us. When we pray we will be happy, Allah will be happy.


"Amna" I said.... Now you are 7, you are already mumayyiz. "Whats that?" said Amna

Mumayyiz means you know what is good and what is bad, meaning if you see something good you wont say its bad and when you see something bad you wont say its good.

"When you see something bad, do you say its good?" "No" said Amna. I pray Amna you will be able to make the right choices and mke good decisions. "But sometimes, i choose the wrong thing" said Amna.


"i do to, amna" but we try to remind ourselves and continue to do good. "Im sorry Ummi, sometimes i dont listen to you, said Amna" I humby appologize to her too. "Im sorry too Amna, sometimes i shouldnt be angry at you the way i do" "Its ok, Ummi you want to remind me right" replied Amna.


"Yes but sometimes im too angry and thats not good". Amna asked me, "Why sometimes when youre angry with Ara youre angry with me too?" Aduh.


I chaged the topic of discussion, i asked her to recite the syahadah, with the meaning. Youre 7 now, you know youre a Muslim girl, and i say to her directly, "Amna become a good Muslim Amna, help other people, when you see something bad, try and make it good, there are so many bad things, and bad people Amna. Dont follow them ok?"


"Always choose good, because when you do good, you will be happy. Bad people are always unhappy"


I still remember the day i pushed you out from my tummy, with blood all over and it was so painful. i pushed and pushed. "did you cry" asked Amna. "Not because of the pain, but i cried because i saw you came out and i was so happy. I saw 5 cute fingers and toes. The dr held you up upside down. "wOOOO" said Amna. "you were so slimmy" "When you opened your eyes and looked around you didnt know where you were, because you have been in my tummy for so long. And then you heard my voice, you didnt know i am your mother, but you must have thought, "hey ive herad this voice somewhere, and i like this person"


hhehehe she laughed. i continued, "I gave you my nenen and you sucked and sucked" YOu must be hungry. The nurse said "pandainya isap" hehehe dia gelak lagi



Oh, Amna i love you so very-very much, you mean so much to me. You are so special, and i really hope you will be a very good Muslim girl...


"Im crying said Amna, tears streaming down her face" "Amna! i said..."im sad and happy" she cried. MasyaAllah my daughter, so sensitive macam Umminya. I cried too, we were at the kitchen crying and hugging each other. What a blessing, Thank you Allah. Barakkalhu Fiha.


And to my husband, may today you answer the questions the best you can and get the professional title you so very desrve. I love you both.


i hope i can find the strength to be a good mother and raise my children the best they can be. Ya Allah its not easy..... this task im assigned with. May you ease the way, and guide me throughout

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails